How about making your own natural cleanser from the ingredients you have in your kitchen? I’ve used this for years for my kitchen and bathroom sinks and the bathtub. It works well, smells great and is completely natural and non-toxic.
Here are the three simple ingredients:
- 2 Cups Baking Soda
- 2/3 Cup Dried, Crushed Lemon Peel
- 15 drops Lemon Essential Oil
Here’s the recipe:
- In a large mixing bowl combine the baking soda, and the dried, crushed lemon peel. (I buy it in the spice section at our local grocery store. You can also dry your own.)
- Add about 15 drops of lemon essential oil.
- Stir and store in small mason jars.
I keep one under the sink in each of my bathrooms and in the kitchen. This natural cleanser makes a great gift too.
Adrienne Schroeder has a Certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition from The T. Colin Cambpell Foundation and eCornell. She is also a photographer and the mother of three (vegetarian) children who loves to create simple, healthy meals for her family.